Wednesday 17 April 2013

Music In My Language



Thank you Mr. Pereira for teaching us about music and for giving us a wonderful lesson on the true meaning of music lyrics. I really enjoyed the activities you planned and I like that there is choice in the homework assignment.
For my song I chose a song by my favourite musician Joe Bonamassa. He is a rock & blues artist and is one of the most skilled guitar players in the world.

This song is about a relationship gone wrong. A man who has given everything he has to a woman and then discovers that she is cheating on him with another man. He struggles with this because he still loves her so he can't leave her and it's tearing him apart. I think his voice and the way the music is played really makes you feel the pain in this man's heart.


Stop! - By Joe Bonamassa

All that i have , is all that you've given meDid you never worry , that i'd come to depend on youI gave you all my love , that i had in meNow that i've found you lied , i can't believe it's true
Wrapped in his arms , i see you across the streetI can't help but wonder , if he knows what's going onYou talk about that love , but you don't know how it feelsWhen you realise , that you're not the only one
You'd better Stop , before you tear me all apartYou'd better Stop , before you go and a break my heartOh whoa , you'd better Stop ...
Time after Time , i've tried to walk awayBut it's not that easy , when your soul is torn in two
So i resign myself , to it every dayNow all i can do , is leave it up to you
You'd better Stop , before you tear me all apartYou'd better Stop , before you go and a break my heartOh whoa , you'd better stop
You better Stop if you love meOh it's time to be sorryNo it won't last foreverI can't believe you walked out on me
You'd better Stop , before you tear me all apartYou'd better Stop , before you break my lonely heartWhoa whoa you better , whoa whoaWhoa oh you better StopBetter Stop

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    It's good to know about new things,like your taste
    in music, although I'm not a fan of rock music.

    ReplyDelete